Tiger + Snow Leopards 2024
(14 February – 1 March 2024 )
(14 February – 1 March 2024 )
India is the home to 70 percent Tiger population of the world. Bandhavgarh Tiger reserve has one of the highest density of Bengal Tigers and also home to some famous named individual tigers known as Sita and Charger. This park has a large biodiversity for tiger population and also has a large breeding population of leopards, Indian Gaur, Sloth Bear and different species of deer. We will spend 4 nights in Bandhavgarh looking for these beautiful cats along with other mammals and birds.
Snow Leopards are some of the most difficult animals to spot in the wild. They usually live at altitudes over 15,000-16,000ft in summers and prey mostly on Bharals or Mountain goats, Ibex, Himalayan Thar and Markhors. During the winters, all their prey come down to lower altitudes in search of grass and with them the snow leopards too start coming down. That is the best chance for us to sight them. India has approximately 500-600 snow leopards. Along with the Snow leopards you also get to witness the Buddhist civilizations of Key Monastery and the winters of Spiti Valley. In recent times, Kibber Wildlife sanctuary has been a great spot to find Snow Leopards, the Himalayan Red Fox, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Ibex and other mammals. It is also an abode to several species of birds like the Golden Eagle, different species of vultures and many migratory birds.
This tour is an unique experience for a chance to spots the Tigers and Snow leopards in the wild..
Cost of the Tour
4400 USD Per Person (Double / Twin Sharing Basis)
1) Accommodation on Double / Twin sharing basis in all above mentioned Hotels/ Lodges/ Home Stay.
2) Breakfast in New Delhi and Chandigarh . FB (All meals) in Bandhavgarh Kibber Kalpa and Rampur.
3) All airport transfers, Internal Transfers.
4) Economy / Premium Economy class airfare from New Delhi to Jabalpur and back. New Delhi to Chandigarh and back. Excess luggage (Total weight 25kg check in + 7kg cabin luggage per person) 8 Safari drives to the best zones of the park with maximum 3 photographers per vehicle.
5) Bottle Drinking water during Transfers and Safari.
6) All Applicable taxes.
7) All gypsy charges, Entry charges, Guide fees for Safaris. Village fees, Inner line permits, Wildlife fees and camera charges for Snow leopard expedition.
8) 1 porter per person on the Snow Leopard expedition at Kibber to carry luggage. Hiking Sticks and Gaiters for Snow Leopard expedition.
9) Portable Oxygen cylinder and basic first aid kit in Kibber.
1) Any personal expenses, extra meals, beverages, alcohol.
2) Tips and gratitude.
3) Travel Insurance, International Airfare and Visa charges.
4) Anything not mentioned in “Inclusions”
5) Any extra charges due to cancellations, Heavy Snow Fall/ roadblocks or unavoidable circumstances.
- The average day temperature on the snow leopard expedition will be @ -5 degree C and it can drop down to -20 degrees C in the night. The rooms of the home stay in Kibber are wood heated making it warm and comfortable.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation.
- Guests with medical history of breathing or Heart related diseases are advised to consult their doctor and will need to present a Doctor’s certificate.
- The Itinerary of the Snow Leopard expedition will be flexible and might change due to heavy snowfall or unavoidable circumstances.
- The Home Stay in Tabo and Kibber are basic but comfortable and hygienic. They are one of the best available options in both destinations considering the remoteness of the area. We will provide maximum possible luxury and comfort on the snow leopard expedition.
- For Photographers a minimum of 600 mm lens is recommended for the Snow Leopard Expedition.
- Blue Planet Wild will not be responsible for the loss / damage of property or life on this tour.
- A 1 day trip to the Taj Mahal can be organised on 14th February at extra costs.