SNOW LEOPARD + TIGER
India is home to 70 percent Tiger population of the world. Bandhavgarh Tiger reserve has one of the highest density of Bengal Tigers and also is home to some famous tigers known as Sita and Charger. This park has large biodiversity for tiger population and also has a large breeding population of leopards,Indian wolf, Caracal cat,striped hyena and different species of deer. We will spend 4 nights in Bandhavgarh looking for these beautiful cats along with other mammals and birds.
Snow Leopards are some of the most difficult animals to spot in the wild. They usually live at altitudes over 15,000-16,000ft in summers and prey mostly on Bharals or Mountain goats, Ibex, Himalayan Thar and Markhors. During the winters, all their prey come down in search of grass and with them the snow leopards too start coming to lower altitudes and that is the best chance for us to sight them. India has approximately 500-600 snow leopards and Ladakh alone is expected to have 200 snow leopards. Along with the sighting trip you also get to witness the Buddhist civilizations, The winter of Ladakh when barren landscapes turn to beautiful white scenery along with getting a firsthand experience of life of the locals in harsh winters. Hemis National Park is one of the major attractions in Ladakh that pulls a number of adventurists and animal lovers from all over the world. It stretches at an elevation of 4100 meters and covers up the entire Rumbak Valley. The national park is home to varied species of animals and birds apart from the Mountain Ghosts. The Snow Leopard Trek, which is one of the popular winter treks in the Ladakh region, lies into a territory where human hospitality evanesces and brings forth a wild stretch of rugged mountains dotted with animals like snow leopards, Tibetan wolves, blue sheep, horned sheep and Eurasian Brown Bear and more. It is also an abode to several species of birds like the Golden Eagle, different species of vultures and many migratory birds.
This tour is an unique experience to spots the Tigers and Snow leopards in the wild..
Cost Of the Tour
4000 $ Per Person Sharing
(Tiger + Snow Leopard)
3000 $ Per Person Sharing
(Only Snow Leopard Expedition 2 – 12 March)
- The accommodation while on the snow leopard trek will either be Home Stays or Tents depending on where we decide to camp.
- Hight quality Sleeping bags (upto – 30 degree C) will be provided to each participant.
- The average day temperature on the snow leopard expedition will be @5 degree C and during the night it can drop down to -15 degrees C.
- All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- Guests with medical history of breathing or Heart related diseases are advised to consult their doctor and will need to present a Doctor’s certificate.